Our software products require Java 8 to run. The Windows and OSX installers come pre-bundled with Java 8, but Java 8 does not automatically come with the OSX online update. One approach is to perform a clean installation. Here are instructions on how to accomplish this:
- Mobility Lab: http://community.apdm.com/entries/22798697-Migrating-to-a-clean-Mobility-Lab-Installation
- Motion Studio: http://community.apdm.com/entries/23729983-Migrating-to-a-clean-Motion-Studio-installation
Alternately, you can install Java separately. Here are the steps to get it:
- Check if it is already installed
- Open your OSX "Terminal" application and type the following at the prompt:
- java -version
- If Java 8 is installed, you will see something like this on the first line:
- java version "1.8.XXX"
- Where "XXX" is a number indicating the exact version of Java 8 and may change over time. If you see the above, Java 8 is already installed. If not, continue to the installation instructions.
- Installing Java 8
- Navigate to this download site:
- Download the installer for "Mac OS X x64"
- Run the installer once downloaded.
- One installation is complete, confirm that it is installed correctly using the "Check if it is already installed" instructions above.