Windows 8 and 10 come with IE11 or later, so there is no need to install IE 11.
If you are using Windows 7
- Check to see your current IE version.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Find the "About" option to provide details about the application (this varies from version to version)
- Note the version if IE indicated in the About dialog. If you are already at version 10 or higher, you do not have to do anything further.
- Update IE
- IE11 is available through the automatic Windows Update feature.
- Click on the Start button and type "windows update". Select "Windows Update" from the list of matches.
- Click on the "Check for updates" option.
- If not already installed, check the "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7" option to install the update.